Kids in Third World


image belongs to http://sxc.hu/
I love kids. That is why, I have created this blog, to help parents and guardians of innocent kids take proper care of their kids. I have written many posts about common problems among kids, about their dressing and maintenance, about their growth and development, and so on.
But last week I have to visit my native village, for my Grandfather's sickness. There I saw a woman having some cheap snacks in a basket to sell. She had two kids in her company. When I saw those kids, dressed up in rough and torn warm sweaters, with their stuffy nose and dry lips, bare feet, innocence in eyes,  in that cold early morning, I got trembled. They had a dark brown rash on their faces and no caps at all. The elderly girl had another basket of snacks to sell. But she was only 9 or 10 years old and it seemed to be hard for her to carry that basket because she was putting it on her head and after few minutes on the floor. And I have not seen that scene for the first time. These types of scenes are common in third-world countries.
Image  belongs to http://sxc.hu/
 Any one of you can imagine the life of a common kid in third world countries, where most of the kids are deprived of their primary needs, such as food, clothing, and a proper bed or place to sleep. Many kids have to spend their nights without any shelter; on footpaths, grounds, and plain plots. 40-45% of kids have food only one time a day. 30% of kids have no food even a single time of day. Many of them have to survive on a limited amount of food, a day.
Here I would like to share the incident. I had a meeting by chance, with one of the maids of my friend. My friend asked her to throw out the extra rice and chicken qorma (a local Pakistani dish) that were left after dinner a day before. But in spite of throwing that all stuff into the bin, she gave it to her 8 years old daughter to eat. I was surprised and inquired her why was she fetching her daughter on that food, which may be got spoiled then. She answered that something is better than nothing. Many kids are fetched on the food that is wasted. I have seen many children, who collect objects from garbage piles, eating rotten fruits and other eatables that they find from the garbage while doing their duty of collecting objects. 
In short, I want to draw the attention of the world to the painful and terrible life of a common third-world child, who has to face the cruel face of the world.            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Behavior problems in kids

 Kids struggle with several issues while they are growing up. In these days parenting has become a challenge because level of frustration is...